The Palestinian universities have taken as their responsibility to conduct studies and scientific research in topics related to e-government and e-governance.
The Palestinian e-Government Academy does not aim to conduct research by its own, however it aims to highlight and promote research problems and solutions and incorporate them to renovate and enhance the e-governance field.This is accomplished not only by faculty members’ involvement in the joint research but also through promoting the research problems to undergraduate and post graduate students to tackle , in order to serve the vision of developing the e-governance field in Palestine.
The research topics with high priority in the research agenda might include:
- Data integration.
- Process and service integration.
- Business rule modeling and engineering.
- Conceptual data modeling and Analysis.
- Service oriented architecture and web services.
- Arabic Ontology engineering.
- Arabic Lexical semantics.
- Information Security.
- Authentication and cryptography.
- Risk management.
- Security policies.
- Electronic transaction laws.
- Digital signature and public key infrastructure.
- Privacy and data protection.